Full Coverage Concelear From The Drugstore | Catrice Camouflage Cream


  Now, if there was a "Heavy Duty Concealer Race", the Catrice Camouflage Cream would outwin high-end concealers by far. I can't believe that I haven't discovered this bad boy earlier as it literally became one of my favorite concealers of all time. It could easily be a dupe for the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage or even for the MUFE Full Cover Concealer (if we skip the packaging part), but for less than a fraction of the price. I know, what is this sorcery?

  It comes in a little black plastic pot and it couldn't be more travel-friendly. It fits anywhere. There are only 3 shades available as far as I'm aware (Ivory, Light Beige and Rosy Sand), so I don't think that very dark skinned gals can benefit from this, unfortunately. I picked up Ivory, which is the lightest, more yellow shade. It works perfectly under the eyes and on my blemishes.

  The consistency is pretty thick and even if it feels creamy when you apply it, it dries really quickly. Therefore, I recommend warming the product on your hand first or blending it out with a finger after applying it. However, it doesn't cling to dry patches and it looks pretty natural.

  The coverage is incredible. I believe you could cover tattoos with it if you wanted to and it would still look nice. Of course, if you apply too much it tends to look cakey but that's the case with every full coverage product.

  For me, this is a revelation as I used to only use high-end concealers to cover my hyperpigmentation and never thought a drugstore product could do the job just as nicely, if not better. Unfortunately, it is pretty hard to get ahold of if you don't live in Europe. They only have stores in a few countries (check their website) but I don't live in any of those and I still managed to find it online. Just search thoroughly. For only £3, I think it's worth it. What's your heavy duty concelear?



26 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this one however it sounds really good! It would be perfect when you have a rough day and need to hide away everything. I like L'Oreal and Collection ones but I don't think they would be considered as heavy duty x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of good things about the Collection ones! x

      Delete
  2. The real test would definitely be to see if you could cover a tattoo with it! I have tried many different types of concealers and none have worked very well.
    This sounds like an interesting product, thanks for sharing!

    www.lindseyginge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I'm really curious to see if it can cover a tattoo too!

      Delete
  3. £3?!?! This sounds like an amazing concealer that price! I've been using Mac's Studio Fix concealer, but I definitely want to give this one a go - I hope i can hunt it down!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's unbelievable! Good luck haha xx

      Delete
  4. great blog post !! (as always! ) had a good read :D

    love it !!


    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it your blog! hope you're having an amazing day :)

    mfashionfreak♥blog
    giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Ooh you're lucky! You should give this a go! x

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried this one but the shade looks really nice! And it's so inexpensive (;
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great and inexpensive alternative to some of the bigger makeup brand concealers! Thanks for sharing..I might have to pick this up!

    Morgan | theradwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been searching for a nice concealer affordable but with high coverage and this could be the one! might give it a try! nice photos and great post :)
    catherine xx
    http://california-souls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds amazing! I think that concealer is always a product that I'm looking for, and it's difficult finding a good one for that price tag! I'm going to check it out for sure!!
    Thanks for sharing, nice post! xx

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's actually pretty surprising how we have sort of been brainwashed to believe that high-end products always perform better. Sounds like a great product, too bad it is so hard to get your hands on!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! We need to realise that the saying "you get what you pay for" isn't always true and try to give less expensive stuff a go more often!

      Delete
  12. Great post! this is so helpful, the concelear sounds amazing I need to give it a try:) Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds so good! I've been passing this product by the store a few times and have been wondering whether I should get it. I'm sold now!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like a really nice product especially for the price
    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must find and try out this concealer! Your review is brill and I definitely think I would love to give it a go :) Only £3? Wow, what a bargain!
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't use concealer but is planning on getting the sometime soon. There is a Catrice around me so maybe I should sneak over and see if there is a shade that matches me. Thank you for sharing :) :) :)

    RLN

    Real Life Nerd // www.vivienekok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this looks amazing! What a great price. I hope the US will have these someday!

    ReplyDelete