The Falsies VS The Rocket | Maybelline Mascaras Battle


   When it comes to bases and brow products, I go all the way because I believe that you get what you pay for. However, when it comes to the rest of my makeup, drugstore is my best friend. I always thought that mascara is the one thing you shouldn't spend too much money on as you can get amazing ones from brands like Maybelline. My two favorites are The Falsies and The Rocket. They are very similar but they don't do exactly the same thing. Well, let me tell you..

   ♦ The Falsies is the first Maybelline mascara I've tried after hearing so many great things about it online. I love these type of brushes so I knew that I would get on really well with this mascara. And I did. It gives a very flattering look, making your lashes fuller and longer and it does it instantly. You don't need too many coats. However, it can get clumpy pretty quickly as it's not very separating or natural looking. It's also one of those consistencies that starts to look better after it dries out a little bit as it's super wet at first. It gives that spidery look that some people really like.

  ♦ The Rocket is the one I decided to buy because I wanted to try something different. The brush made me think that it wouldn't be so good as the previous one but I was incredibly wrong. This makes your lashes longer, fuller and also separates them. It is a little more "builadble" than the other one but it still does the job really quickly. It's not as wet and I think it actually looks more like false lashes than The Falsies does as it makes your lashes look naturally longer and fuller, without the spidery look.

   As you can probably guess by now, I prefer The Rocket, as it's a lot more natural looking and also makes your lashes longer than The Falsies does. To me, a mascara that separates the lashes automatically makes them look fuller and thicker, as you can actually see every single lash. However, if lots of volume is what you're looking for and you dig that spidery lashes look, The Falsies might be the right choice for you! Have you tried these two mascaras? What's your favorite drugstore one?

20 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try a new drugstore mascara, might have to look at these two! Nice reviews x

    http://heart-autumn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the Rocket, but I will if you recommend it hahaha
    Have a good day! xx

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. love both mascaras but the rocket has to be my favorite. its the best and such good value for money.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Better than lots of high end ones! x

      Delete
  4. I am more into the dramatic look on my lashes, nothing too natural, so it sounds like I should give The Falsies a go. Thanks for the recommendation.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help! Hope you'll love it! x

      Delete
  5. Not fussed on the spidery look! Think I want to try Rocket. I'm with on not buying expensive mascaras - there's no need. :)

    http://www.beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Hope you like The Rocket! xx

      Delete
  6. I tried rocket as I like plastic wands and it is really good x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next time I am having a look for a new mascara I would definately watch out for those. Good comparison!
    Mrsinlondon blog | Travel | Lifestyle | London

    ReplyDelete
  8. For now, I am on team falsies, only because every type of mascara I have used with a brush similar to the rocket has been a disappointment. however, even though my favorite mascara does come from the falsies maybelline brand, (im too lazy to go and check right now, but its the pink and black double sided one for both your top and bottom lashes) i have been using it for three years now and am more than ready for a change. but maybe not the rocket for me yet.

    http://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up The Rocket for the exact same reason.. I used The Falsies for a very long time and wanted a change. Felt the same about the brush but it surprised me! I wish I could recommend another good drugstore mascara with a similar brush to The Falsies but I haven't found a better one, unfortunately! Let me know if you do haha! x

      Delete
  9. Love this post, as I love Maybelline mascaras! I have sworn by The Rocket mascara, ever since my friend made me try it about 6 months ago. I love it way more than all of the high-end mascaras that I have tried too - totally agree with you!

    - www.veebzboo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! I prefer The Rocket mascara as well~ it's been my go-to mascara for a long time ^^ I love it<3
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Rocket mascara is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both but prefer The Falsies over The Rocket mainly because I accidentally bought The Rocket in the not-waterproof formula so my lashes became lame after an hour haha :)

    RLN

    Real Life Nerd // www.vivienekok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a major fan of the Falsies mascara, though I wish the rocket mascara would be made available in Australia already, where did you pick it up from?

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete