What I Loved This Summer | Bright Nail Polish


  The fact that summer has ended is something that I like to ignore and deny. Anyways, even if it has, that doesn't mean that we can't still rock its trends whilst the warm weather hangs around. I love to experiment with makeup and colors during summer so I picked up a few darring nail polishes that have been on my nails pretty much nonstop since june.

   When it comes to nail polish, I don't like to spend too much money as I find they all last pretty much the same amount of time on my nails. A super cheap brand is Miss Sporty and it definitely reminds of the old days when I could only afford their concealear even if it wasn't a particulary good one for me and I didn't know how to apply it. However, their nail polishes are great considering the price. They have a wide brush that makes it very easy to apply and they look amazing with just two coats. The only thing that I find annoying about their nail polishes is that they don't have proper shade names..but oh well.


   The shade 452 caught my eye immediately. It's a vibrant peachy coral shade which will definitely get you some compliments and look amazing with a tan. This is the shade I would go for if I wanted a more subtle, classic look but with a fun summery twist.


   Recently, I really got into blue nail polishes and the shade 470 has definitely been my favorite one to wear in vacation or at music festivals. It's such a fun and out there color and would look nice on any skin tone, I think. It's a a nice french blue shade with very subtle purple undertones (which the picture did not pick up, unfortunately) and it is probably my favorite one of the three, replacing the mint green shade I've been wearing all of last summer.


   Moving from Miss Sporty to Rimmel, their collaboration with Rita Ora has turned out incredibly well and they have so many great nail polishes out. I've never had a yellow nail polish before but I've seen so many fashion bloggers rocking it that I thought maybe I should give it a try. The shade is called Daisy Days and it's definitely one that you have to get used to before you can say that you love it. I can officially say that I do love it and that it's definitely a head turner and a quirky element to add to your outfit.

  I'm not gonna lie, I'll probably still wear some of these during the year too, in tribute to the lovely summer. However, right now I'm getting excited for autumn, layering, cosy jumpers and burgundy nail polish. What has been your favorite shade of nail polish this summer?

14 comments:

  1. I always think yellow is a hard colour to pull off, but here is looks really lovely! I think my summer go-to colour has to be coral, it is just so pretty. <3

    Amy
    xx
    amynoos.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely a bit sceptical about pulling off a yellow nail polish at first but I think it worked out well! Coral is a lovely summer color, for sure! x

      Delete
  2. These are really pretty shades for summer, really bright colours

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Loving these kind of shades! I'm a big fan of Mint Candy Apple myself! x

      Delete
    2. Schockingly I don't own that one, even though I own a lot of Essie polishes.

      Delete
  4. I haven't used Miss Sporty nail polishes for years but they sound pretty good! I love bright nails for summer too!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they're really nice and super affordable!

      Delete
  5. Wow! Stunning, lovely nailpolishes! I love bright coloured nails!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! x They're the best for summer!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful nail colours! I need to keep up my motivation for winter with my nail colours.

    - www.veebzboo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for Christmas and glitter haha! x

      Delete
  7. That blue is so lovely, wish I was as daring to try the yellow though.
    www.fallonrachelle.blogspot.com - NEW POSTS WEEKLY.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it, you might be surprised how nice it looks..with simple, monochrome outfits especially!

      Delete