New Year, New Goals !


   A belated Happy New Year, everyone! I'm starting this year with a slightly different type of post. (actually, you might see a lot more of these in the future, hopefully)
   I hope all of you had an amazing time with your loved ones durring the holidays and that you've started this year with joy and excitment for the new year! I know I did. Which is why I've decided to take a little time and look over my last year, and be greatful for everything wonderful that happened.

   Thank you, 2015, for..

Teaching me more about myself, about my own beliefs, values and opinions. I've learnt that you're not to believe everything that is told to you, but to question it and establish your own definitions. I've learnt that being curious, unsure, inquisitive about small things and great ones as well, is a good thing, because that's what defines us, and that's how we grow.

Being the year when I took my first steps into becoming the person I want to become. The fact that I got an offer from my university of choice makes me incredibly happy and more positive about what's to come. There's only a little bit of work left to do and a little more patience to have until I'm there, ready to tackle new challenges.

Showing me that I can overcome my fears and insecurities and allowing me to become a more sociable, open, light hearted person. I've learnt that social anxiety shouldn't stop you from doing what you want to do, from being who you want to be and from having fun. All you have to do is remind yourself that everyone is the same and that you matter just as much as everyone.

   I've learnt from experience that writing your goals down helps you accomplish them a lot quicker, which is why I chose to make a list of the things I'd like to ask the year to come for...

2016 Resolutions:

  Get the grades I need to get into the university I chose. Although the thought of exams daunts me tremendously, and revision seems like the last thing I want to do, I know that I can't let it stand between me and my future plans, so I'll do anything it takes to prioritise this the most, during the first half of this year.

Be healthier. By that, I mean drink more water, have a clear sleeping pattern, eat more vegetables, ditch fried food (this makes me cry) and fizzy drinks, stress less about unimportant matters, spend less time in front of a screen, enjoy the company of my family more.

 Be more confident. This year, I've decided to go that extra mile and step out of my comfort zone, meet new people, have more fun, be less tense and talk when I've got something to say!

☐ Be kinder, nicer to people. Judge less and be less selfish. Remember that everything you give comes back around.

See Arctic Monkeys LIVE. This doesn't need any explanation. Has to happen. Period.

Post more frequently on the blog and be more creative, mix things up, do more random, lifestyle posts, get more personal with it. Stick to a schedule (every Wednesday and Sunday it is!) and make the most of it, have fun!

   Thank you for reading this and for being a part of this journey with me! If you want to, I would love it if you'd tell me one thing you're thankful for, that happened last year, and a resolution you're really looking forward to fulfil this year! Hope you have a wonderful day!

56 comments:

  1. All the best with these goals. Wish you a wonderful 2016.
    wendeeisaacs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Same to you, dear! x

      Delete
  2. I agree with you ! :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out! Thanks for visiting! x

      Delete
  3. There are some very ambitious goals here and I wish you the best with them. I know you can do it ;) x
    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you, thank you! xx

      Delete
  4. Great post, and best of luck for everything you want to achieve this year! I remember feeling exactly the same as you about university and revision, the hard work definitely pays off!
    onlyshelley.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but it's sooo hard right now it makes me wanna cry. Haha thank you so much for the support! x

      Delete
  5. Wish you the best for 2016! Great list of resolutions! Being more confident has always had a place on my list. that's something I'm always trying to work on because going out of my comfort zone and just embracing who I am without fearing so much about others' opinions is difficult. But we will get there :)

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's hard, but it's worth it! Such an amazing feeling when you can be yourself around others and enjoy it. I'm sure we'll make it! Wish you an amazing year! xx

      Delete
  6. Fingers crossed you achieve all your goals in 2016 - I should really add the Arctic Monkeys to my list, I'd love to see them live! x

    Viva Epernay ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They've been on my "Acts to see live" list for years now.. maybe one day haha! x

      Delete
  7. Good luck with these goals! It's always good to appreciate your past as well :)

    Happy New Year!

    Chelsea

    Chow Down USA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome post, developing better blogging habits is definitely one of my goals.

    http://www.themakeupaficionado.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to evolve and push yourself with stuff like this! Thank you for reading! x

      Delete
  9. Good luck with going into university! :) xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so excited about it! xx

      Delete
  10. We have the same resolutions, hope we can make it!

    - Seyra x
    http://www.pavementsarerunways.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay for great minds that think alike haha! I hope that too.. I'm sure we will! xx

      Delete
  11. I really enjoyed this post - it's laid out beautifully and it'll be lovely for you reflect on, come 2017. Good luck with all your goals!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This means a lot, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Thank you! Have a lovely 2016! xx

      Delete
  12. I am most thankful for falling pregnant again when we tried to and am most excited to welcome the new addition to our family in March. Apart from that, 2015 has taught me that I need to rethink my priorities and let go of trying to do everything 120%. Let´s see how that translates to 2016...

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be one of the best feelings in the world! I'm so happy for you! Wish you an amazing year! xx

      Delete
  13. Definitely be more confident girl! All the best and do have a great start to 2016 x

    Real Life Nerd // www.vivienekok.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaas! Thank you so much, same to you! xx

      Delete
  14. We have almost the same resolutions and hope that you'll have an amazing 2016!

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's cool! Hope we'll fullfil them this year! xx

      Delete
  15. Happy 2016, hope this year will be amazing for you:)
    xx

    SASHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Have a wonderful 2016! xx

      Delete
  16. Great resolutions hun! Hope you have a wonderful 2016!

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you have an amazing year as well! xx

      Delete
  17. Congratulations for the university offer, I am sure you will do great! I wish you all the best, I hope you will be able to achieve all your goals and 2016 will be a great year for you.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu! This means a lot! Have a lovely 2016, dear! xx

      Delete
  18. These are some great goals, I also need to be healthier too! Have an amazing year ahead!!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good to prioritise health, it's so important! Have a great year! xx

      Delete
  19. Wonderful resolutions - I have several similar ones! Great post :) I loved reading it!


    XO Raquel
    www.lincolnparksharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm really glad you enjoyed it! xx

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. Thanks! A happy new year to you too! x

      Delete
  21. Good luck! I love that it's in your goals to be healthier. Health should always come first :)

    Angelie // Ramen Nagi Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm really trying to prioritise it more this year! Thank you for reading! xx

      Delete
  22. Maria, these are wonderful resolutions, and how great that you got an offer from your university of choice. I have no doubt that you'll get into the school with determination such as this. All the best to you. <3

    May | THE MAYDEN | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really happy you enjoyed it! That's so sweet of you to say! Thank you so much for stopping by! xx

      Delete
  23. happy new year!! I hope you are able to accomplish all your goals for 2016

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wonderful year! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  24. Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you so much! All the best to you! xx

      Delete
  25. What a great and positive post! It sounds like 2015 was all about coming into your own, growing as a person, and learning about being true to yourself! Wishing you lots of luck with your goals in 2016!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Yes, it was definitely about getting to know myself better and growing.. such a great feeling! Thank you for being such a lovely reader! Have an amazing year! xx

      Delete
  26. I really loved reading this post! You definitely achieved such amazing things last year and this year will be the same for you.:D

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo - What I Got For Christmas 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you enjoyed it! That's so sweet, thank you! Have an amazing year! xx

      Delete
  27. All the best with your goals, Im sure you'll achieve them. I love Arctic monkeys, hope you get to see them live :) x

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu! Yaas they're amazing! Have a lovely year! x

      Delete
  28. Wishing you all the best with Uni, hon! Well done, you worked hard for it so yay you!! :D So many great goals, sweetie. I especially love the goal to "be kinder" <3 Even though I am sure you are super kind but it's always great to try and be a better person towards others. We all should be working on that every year (and every day) :)
    xox Nadia
    http://www.mielandmint.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much! I feel like it's something everybody needs to work on 24/7, no matter what. Especially nowadays it's so easy to label people and judge them without even realizing it at the time, and that's not cool.
      Hope you have an amazing day, and year, and everything! You're so sweet! x

      Delete