Minimal Brush Collection | Fave Brushes


   Sooo, yes, after a long period of blogging absence due to major exam stress and overall incapacity of doing anything except watching tv series in bed, I'm back. You know when you stop doing something for a period of time but then when you want to get back into the swing of things there are so many factors that stop you.. like comparing yourself to others or just not having enough confidence in yourself and motivation? Well, that happened to me, but I've decided I'm not gonna let it completely take over my brain.

   And what's a better way of coming back than with a short and sweet post about something you love? Like makeup brushes. Here you have it, my stripped-down collection for base and eyes. These are the brushes I reach for the most, on a daily basis.

   As you can probably tell, they are all inexpensive ones and mostly, Real Techniques ones. I just find they work perfectly for what I need and they are a really nice quality for the price. There are also two E.l.f ones in there, which could easily be compared to expensive brushes, as they are so soft and beautiful, and a few random ones which I picked up a long time ago and the writing has either come off or was never there in the first pace.

   Let's start with base brushes, the ones I use to blend foundation, apply concealer and all sorts of powders. I absolutely love the E.l.f. Contouring and Small Tapered ones for contour and highlighter. The R.T. Setting one is mostly used for setting my under eye area or for blush, whilst the big Multi Task brush is the one I use to powder my face. The R.T. Pointed Foundation brush is very useful for concealing and highlighting as well.


   Now, for the eyes and eyebrows brushes, I don't really use a lot. I have a few fluffy ones for blending into the crease and a few classic flat ones for shadow application, but I always find myself reaching for the R.T. Essential Crease Brush and what might be the E.l.f Eyeshadow C brush, although I'm not too sure about the last one as the writing isn't there anymore. For smudging eyeshadow or eyeliner on my lower lash line, I prefer a Pointed Smudging brush like the one in the photo below. For filling in my eyebrows, the classic small Angled Brush will always be a must-have!


   As I said, short and sweet. These are my favorite brushes, all pretty cheap and easily accessible, but very very useful!

   I'd love to know what are your top 3 favorite brushes and how you like to use them! Let me know in the comments below! 
Thanks for sticking by, lovelies! I'll see you soon (hopefully sooner this time) with a skincare post! Have a lovely weekend! xx

36 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome back to blogging! I'm trying to get my groove back, since March felt like a Sleeper Month to me.

    I don't know if I can only choose three brushes in my minimal brush collection, but I think it will have to be my small blending brush and pencil brush. They have changed the makeup game! Haha!

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know how that feels like! xx

      Delete
  2. It's so great that you've decided to blog again! You have no reason to compare either hun, your blog is great. The Real Techniques Setting and Multi-Task brush are 2 of my favourites from that brand. I also love the Real Techniques Sculpting brush for my foundation and a light Duo-Fiber brush for bronzing.:)

    - www.veebzboo.com
    - www.youtube.com/veebzboo - Trying American Candy with my Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are so sweet! The Sculpting brush sounds awesome! x

      Delete
  3. I recently got my first set of RT brushes and really enjoy them, though the flat foundation brush isn't my favorite. All my other brushes are old ones by Zoeva which are pretty amazing.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try Zoeva, they seem like such an amazing brand! x

      Delete
  4. As much as I love all my real Techniques brushes, my favourite is my MAC 217. It is a wonder product, just blends so beautifully.. cannot rave about it enough! I also love my Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush!

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both cult faves, I really need to give them a try! Thanks for sharing! x

      Delete
  5. loooove them!!
    www.kmeetsstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I discovered Real Techniques brushes recently, and so far I've loved everything I've tried. I haven't tested their eye brushes yet, but their face collection is amazing!
    Beaumiroir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they are so high-quality for the price! I'm sure you'd love the eyes ones as well! x

      Delete
  7. I love your brushes... I have similar ones, but I would really love to try the ELF brushes, I've heard so many good things about them :) Great post and welcome back to blogging xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie! Elf brushes are great, I'm sure you'd love them! xx

      Delete
  8. I love elf brushes! theyre my favorite!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stumbled across your blog and I love your posts!
    I have yet to try the Real Technique brushes. Elf brushes are just too hard to beat with the quality and price!

    Mimi
    www.coffeeandsunday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, that means a lot, thank you! I'm sure you'd love RT if you like Elf! xx

      Delete
  10. Lovely post! I definitely had fun reading this. :)


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would totally bring up 3 brushes but since I only have 2 and use 2, I'd share less haha! it's the Zoeva Buffer Brush and Silk Finish Face Brush. Both 4 years old but still in good shape! :) Welcome back girlie :)

    Real Life Nerd
    www.vivienekok.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds really good! I need to try out Zoeva brushes asap! xx

      Delete
  12. Welcome back Maria :) I feel ya, exams and school in general can really take a toll on our motivation to do anything other than lying around binge-watching netflix. Great post! I use a minimal amount of brushes as well. I also have a lot of the same ones too, makes it easier to clean haha
    I hope you are having a great day!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the feeling! I agree haha! x

      Delete
  13. those eye brushes are definitely must haves!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back to the blogging world, hun! It's good to take a break sometimes, although I know what you mean about it being difficult to get back into the swing of things. :) Loving all these brushes, Real Techniques are my fave! They are so affordable and the quality is always top notch. Kisses. x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your exams went well! Real Technique brushes will always be my fave- the do such a fabulous job

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they went pretty well, thank you! I agree! xx

      Delete
  16. Welcome back, I hope your exams went well! RT brushes are really good and affordable, it is one of my favourite brand.

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  17. welcome back love a RT brush really good quality x

    www.MyBeautySleuth.com

    ReplyDelete